Taking duromine 30mg. Getting pain in neck near thyroid and hurts to swallow. Is this common?

Dr. Samik Basu

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi my name is XXXXXXX I've started taking Duromine 30mg for 6 days & I'm feeling allot of pain in my neck near my thyroid. It hurts to swallow & talk. Is this a common symptom of duromine. thanks
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I will need some more information to answer you better.
1. Are you having palpitations,headaches and neck aches as well?
2.Did the doctor prescribe this medicine for you?
3. Are you taking any other drugs along with this drug?
4.Are there any other complaints other than these?

This drug usually causes mood disorders, hypertension, tremors, overactive reflexes, stomach cramps, and constipation.
Neck pain and pain near the thyroid gland is not common with this medication.

Tablet Calpol 500mg 3 times daily, after food, can relieve pain to some extent.

If the problem persists, consult your physician. Please check your blood pressure when you are on this drug.

If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.

Hope this answers your query. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan