Taking clonazepam for anxiety. Is there any other drug stronger than clonazepam?

Dr. Lohit K

Posted on Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: yes...I,ve been taking clonazepam 1 mg 3 x a day for anxiety but it does not seem to work for me any more...Is there an anxiety drug stronger than clonazepam? What about lorazepam 2 mg 3 x a day?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lorazepam, Alprazolam, Buspirone Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for using XXXXXXX Clonazepam and Lorazepam belongs to same group called benzodiazepines. Patients on clonazepam can develop tolerance within 6 months or so and is more commonly used to prevent seizures. Lorazepam is better in using for anxiety than clonazepam but they cause sedation. Lorazepam is preferred for short lasting anxiety state. So if for shorter period you can take lorazepam after discussing with your doctor or can try other alternatives like Alprazolam or Buspirone. Each drug has its own benefits and draw back. So before changing or using new drug consult your doctor for general physical examination and assessment to select the perfect drug for you. I hope this answered your query and is helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health. Regards