Taking cipralex. Is it safe to get pregnant?
I am currently in the process of stopping taking Cipralex (10 mg). I am now in my second week and taking 5mg a day. In two weeks I will take 5mg every other day. And after 2 weeks I will completely stop.
How long after I have completely stopped, is it safe to get pregnant?
The medication you are on is called 'lexapro'. You are on very low doses currently, and tapering the medication is definitely the right way to get off of it.
It is actually of very little potential harm to a fetus. Based on what you are telling me, and the size of the doses you are currently taking, my answer would be to wait until you get your next normal cycle and then start trying after that. By the time you conceive, the amount in your system will be barely measurable.
I hope this helps. Please ask if you have additional questions!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Trying to get pregnant on cipralex
- Is it safe to get pregnant on cipralex
- Is it safe to take tylenol and cipralex
- Is it safe to take cipralex when pregnant
- Taking cipralex is it safe to get pregnant
- Taking cipralex and pregnant 1st trimester
- Is cipralex safe to take with acetaminophen
- Pregnant and on cipralex is it ok
- Is it safe to take viagra with cipralex
- Taking cipralex and pregnant first trimester
- Brown spotting after normal periods. Ovulation starts. No yeast...
- Throbbing in head, sore throat, dizziness, frequent fevers, mouth...
- Why does my vagina smell like a fart?
- Sudden terrible hot flushes. What is it about?
- Have bumps on vagina. Never had any sexual contact. Is this normal? How...
- Is it safe to take new drug esme that shrinks fibroids before surgery?
- Ultrasound showed bulky and heterogeneous uterus. Suggested progesterone...
- Noticed painful and hard nodules on labia. What should I do?
- On IUD. Feeling tired and pain. Suggested for surgery. Is it safe to...
- Pregnant. Started spotting and feeling constipated. Am I miscarrying....