Taking cialis 10mg for erectile dysfunction. Getting burning sensation in eye. Side effect?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: hi
I am 28 years old male.I am suffering from performance anxiety erectile dysfunction. so i am using cialis 10mg for that thrice a week. It works pretty well but my concern is that i am having burning sensation in my eyes. Although i havent experienced any vision problems. At the same time,i had a problem of some dryness and allergy in my eyes for past 3 months. and for that doctor prescribed me:- Suthin Eye drop(A sterile solution of Naphazoline XXXXXXX with Methyl Cellulose Borax,Boric Acid Menthol and Camphor), Zymist-Plus(Carboxymethyl Cellulose Sodium Lubricant Eye Drops),Just Tears Eye Drop and Cetrizine tablet .But to my fault,i am not using these eye drops and medicines. My concern is that :- Is cialis causing me this problem? or is it due to some other reason? Please clarify,since i want to use cialis for long term. Thanks
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
thanks for sending your query to us.
These problems of irritation and burning are surface disorder.These irritations will respond to the local treatment offered to you.These problems are apparently not related to Cialis intake.
continue local medication and you will respond to this ,as such the improvement will start occuring in a day or two only.
What you have is probably more of allergy to dust and pollution rather than any drug reaction.
Please do get back to me in case of any difficulty.