Taking barocca. Looking for suitable multivitamin and mineral supplement

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Vitamins
Question: Hi Doctor, im 26 years of age, up till now i have had several check ups with my doctor and he has given me a clean XXXXXXX of health.
the only prob is im trying to find a suitable multi vitamin and mineral supplement, currently im taking Barocca every morning, but i have read some bad reviews on it, saying the amounts sated is toxic to the human body or over the RDA?

can you help please?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Berocca is a safe and effective multivitamin preparation. All of its ingredients are water soluble and those that are not required by your body can be easily excreted in the urine. It can cause a yellow tinge to your urine color which is not worrisome.
You can continue taking it as a supplement. It is available in many countries worldwide and you can safely use it.
The reviews available on the internet are not supported by any valid studies or evidences.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 hours later
im also just a bit concerned with my blood pressure, i have taken it this evening while im rested and it is 116/44 and 44 heart beats per min.
during some days i feel a bit dizzy during the day and a bit out of place if you know what i mean, i have spoken to my doctor about this and he ran some ECG tests and everything came back as normal, last year october, and the blood tests were fine.
i was under alot of pressure being unemployed and everything, and he said that i had a premature heart beat which happens in healthy individuals which he could tell by my pulse and asked a serious of questions, like do i drink lots of coffee (which i don't drink at all unless de-cafe), do i excersise (yes, if you count long distance walking i do every day)
i'm a smoker which actually concerns me, and lately i have actually cut back and now only smoke 4/5 cigarrets a day, since i have started working again, (i used to smoke atleast just under 20 a day),

should this call for concern?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The drop in the blood pressure readings is not worrisome as long as there is no dizziness or loss of consciousness. You can have electrolyte XXXXXXX sports drinks to take care of this. The premature beats that you are having occasionally are aggravated by smoking. Do try to quit smoking.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.