Taking atfour tablet for high triglyceride level. Not feeling well. Continue with this tablet?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Cholesterol
Question: my S Triglycerides level is 207 I am taking ATFOUR 10mg tab it is correct i am taking this tab at night my CBC report HB 10.09 WBC 15.4 N-88% L-10 M & E 0% PLT 242 BSL 245mg sr. creatinine 1.1mg Diagnosis TIA /DM/HTN but at night iam not feelng well

Iam taking atfour tab at night but iam not feelling not well my medical history is above pl give me medicens for S Triglycerides which is level is 207
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 40 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, about your CBC report, there is anemia, high WBC count, with increased neutrophil (neutrophilia) and normal platelet and decreased lymphocyte count. This report definitely indicates an acute infection most probably due to bacterial agent. So, consult with your treating doctor for this infection. If there is a known foci of infection that means if you have symptoms specific for any particular system like respiratory system of urinary tract, then you have to be treated with broad spectrum antibiotics suitable for that particular system.

Your creatinine level is mildly higher. But, it has to corroborate with the urea level. Isolated mild increase of creatinine does not have any definite value.

Now, I don’t understand the meaning of BSL . Is it blood sugar level? If it is, then I suggest you to do a fasting blood sugar followed by postprandial blood sugar test. If, these are higher, then definitely there is diabetes. But isolated, one higher result does not always indicates diabetes. You may also do HbA1C test of your blood. It also show you the blood sugar control of last 120 days.

Now, triglyceride level is very much increased. Before taking any medicine, one thing you must understand, that you need life style modification and diet controlling first. For this, you have to consult with a dietician for giving a detailed chart of your daily diet.

Does the drug atfour contain atorvastatin and fibrate group of drug? If so, then it is absolutely perfect for your condition. But, if it contains only atorvastatin, then you have to consult with the treating doctor for prescribing you a fenofibrate group of drug along with the atorvastatin.

Follow the other medications as it is. It will take sometime to settle down.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.