Taking alprazolam for anxiety disorder. Suggest permanent cure for anxiety

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: Yes, I have anxiety and have been on anxiety medication since I was 17, I am now 26. My Primary DR's office closed without any notice. I have no refills on my alprazolam and I am wondering if you could assist me with that until January when my insurance kicks in. I have gone to the ER, I can not afford the urgent care. The health department does not perscribe anxiety medication. I have nowhere else to turn, as I am a single mother and currently out of work.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows . Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking onto your query I would like to tell you that it is not possible and allowed to prescribe a tablet to you online . First the patient need to be examined and then you write it down . We can only advise you on treatment guidelines . You need to consult a psychiatrist for prescription of this drug as you suffer from anxiety disorder . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 minutes later
Ok..well like I stated I do not have the funds to do that. So,am I just suppose to wait for withdrawals ? The ER does not help with that, I already asked. Please ma'am what do I do? Alao,my Dr office closed without notice and I haveno clie where my files were transferred because they never called, nor posted an AD in the paper.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for reverting back . Well the medicines that are prescribed for anxiety have a potential for abuse so cannot be prescribed as such . There must be some provision in your system , you need to trace where your files are transferred because there is no other way out . Only a registered practitioner in your country can prescribe this to you . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 minutes later
How can I find where my files went?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, There must be some helpline number where you can contact . Some other patients must be getting treatment from the same place , you can ask them . Take care . Dr. Shruti