Taking advil for golfer's elbow. X-ray showed clear. What is causing numbness and pain?
Thanks for posting your query.
Golfer's elbow is an inflammatory condition of the soft tissues around the elbow. The healing of soft tissues often takes long in the absence of adequate rest and a comparatively lesser blood supply around the elbow.
Since you are feeling relieved with steroid shots, it is likely that almost complete healing can occur over next few weeks if complete rest to all the elbow movements is provided. You can also use an elastic brace around your elbow to provide an extra support.
The involvement of nerve fibres in the swollen soft tissues causes the numbness and tingling which will subside completely once the inflammation heals.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Also will the brace accelerate the healing process?
Thanks for writing again.
Taking a refill of prednisolone and using a brace will help in an early recovery. Try to avoid all the movements around the elbow for 2 weeks.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of Golfer's elbow
- Prp injection golfers elbow
- Treatment and cure for Golfer's elbow
- Experiencing severe shoulder pain taking advil no numbness help
- Drugs/medication for Golfer's elbow
- Golfers elbow treatment stretches
- Treatment for golfers elbow pain
- Chymoral forte for golfers elbow
- Golfer's elbow causes
- Symptoms of Golfer's elbow
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?