Owl Image

Taking acutert 20mg with azifast 500. Skin become dry and itchy. Can I take vizylac?

Dermatologist
Question
i m 28 yrs, 3 months taking acutert 20mg. with azifast 500 thrice a week, my skin is becoming dry extremly dry in winter and getting dark on scars,chappy, Can I take Vizylac (Capsule) oral for getting relief from dry skin? and a good sunscreen for my skin
Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 57 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
Isotretinoin or acutret is given to control acne which occurs because of oily skin. Isotretinoin controls the excess oil secretion and therefore stops for once and for all. The dryness is because of acutret only and so is chapping of lips. I am sorry but capsule Vizilac will be of no use. You can use a gel based moisturiser for skin and Vaseline for lips to tackle dryness.
Dr Rohit Batra

Follow-up: Taking acutert 20mg with azifast 500. Skin become dry and itchy. Can I take vizylac? 11 minutes later
advice me some moisturiser and sunscreen... i m becoming dark n losing glow of face... what medicine can retrieve my glow looking face?

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 5 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,

You can use sebamed clear face care gel, as moisturiser and la shield sunscreen for daily use.
Pigmentation can be taken care by few sessions of glycolic acid peeling.

Dr.Rohit