Taking Xanax and Ambien CR together. Will this interact with each other?

Posted on Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Mental Health
Question: Taking Xanax and Ambien CR together
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 35 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Taking Xanax and Ambien CR together is not usually recommended. They have similar effect on sleep. The difference is that Xanax usage more than 6 weeks can cause dependence. You can take Ambien CR for a long time. One point that is important is to know Celexa can change the sleep. If your sleep has been disrupted after taking Celexa you should know that it could be related to it. Then you may take it at noon or in the morning to see if your sleep quality is improved with this change. If you have restless legs (some women have it), then it is better to take clonazepam rather than Ambien CR or Xanax. I wish you a good health.
Dr. Payman Hajiazim

Psychiatrist