Taking Stamlo beta medicine for hypertension. Suffering from erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.Any natural remedy?

Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol

Cardiologist, Interventional

Posted on Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: i am around 40yrs. I am hypertensive, taking stamlo beta medicine for the last 8 yrs. till date I am maintaining a normal blood pressure level and i have not faced any problem related to hypertension. I am also a tee tottler .should i continue the medication or stop. now after around 5 yrs of my successful marriage i am facing a problem of erectyle dusfunction and premature ejaculation pls advise
please suggest some ayurvedic or herbs without having any side effects that may help treat my erectyle dysfunction and premature ejaculation problem
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 5 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.

If you have been suffering from high blood pressure for the last eight years, it is unlikely that you can maintain a normal blood pressure without medicines. That comes down to point that you need some medicines. But now the question is that what would be the right drug and dose for you.

The beta component of Stamlobeta can cause erectile dysfunction even though the time at which this is occurring is not typical of drug induced erectile dysfunction. At this stage, I would recommend you to change your medicine to combination of Amlodipine and olmesartan or telmesartan. Once you maintain normal BP on the new combination. you can stop one of the component of the medicine under medical supervision. This needs to be done strictly under the guidance of your physician. Generally one medicine would be required life long.

I am sorry that being cardiologist I will not be able to answer the second component of the question. Please ask an ayurvedic physician.
Hope this helps.
Please get back to me if need any further information.
Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 13 hours later
thanks for the reply . pls advise about the fruits and vegetables that can help me maintain a normal blood pressure. Also i would like to mention that till date i have not faced any problem related to hypertension hence i want to know whether i can stop using medicine or change my medicine, or should i continue with stamlo beta. if as per your advise i can change the combination since when can i go for it. lastly if possible plse suggest some advise relating to my erecctyle dysfunction if you feel that medicine of hypertension(stamlo beta ) is not the cause as of now.
awaiting ypur response. Regards
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 14 minutes later
Hi and thanks again,

All fruits and vegetable are good for health especially when consumed in raw.

If you’re asking in relation to hypertension vegetables that are good include Broccoli, carrots, collards, XXXXXXX beans, XXXXXXX peas, XXXXXXX lima beans, potatoes, spinach, squash, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, etc.

Fruits that are helpful are Apples, apricots, bananas, dates, grapes, oranges, grapefruit, grapefruit juice, mangoes, melons, peaches, pineapples, raisins, strawberries, tangerines, etc.

As I discussed in previous reply you would need medicines for hypertension and with problem of erectile dysfunction it is prudent to change and you can do it today itself. Wait and see if your erectile dysfunction improves after changing medicines.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other query.
If I have answered all your query, please close this discussion.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad