Taking Ramipril and legs have become very painful. Have arthritic knee but pain is in muscle. Side effect?
I do have arthritic knees but the pain is in the muscles
Ramipril may not be reason
Ramipril may not be the hard reason. are you taking cholesterol lowering drugs? You had not mentioned here. IF yes they may cause.
In the pathology of arthritis of knee it tends to put pressure on the muscles above and below the joint. They go into spasm frequently. Hence there is a stiffness that is observed early in the mornings.
In order to prevent such spasms and pain it is important to move the joint and massage the muscles frequently. The best conservative therapy is physiotherapy along with strengthening of these muscles that aid the movement of the joint.
My suggestions to you are
1) Acetaminophen whenever needed
2) Massage therapy and physiotherapy
3) Co A supplements available over the counter
4) Xray of the joints to compare with the previous Xray, if there are new changes like spiky growth of bone that can irritate muscles.
Hope this gives you a direction.
What do you mean by "Co A" supplements?
Orthopedic Surgeon or Rheumatologist review
When was the last Xray? If it is more than a year then there is a chance of remodelling and new growths.
No great improvement with Collagen capsule were observed during clinical trials. Bromelain supplements are most effective equal to NSAIDs. However Glucosamine worked in moderate to severe OA. You can try Eucalyptus Oil massage and hot fomentation.
I meant antioxidants like CoQ10 (ubiquinone) to be taken. (CoQ was mis spelt because of adjoining keys on the key board). All the experts suggest Calcium (1000mg) and Magnesium(400mg) per day.
However a review by Rheumatologist with previous Xray would show greater insights. I refer such patients to them and follow them how they improve.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Took oxandrolone treatment for few days. Will this cause any side effect?
- Feeling weak and dizzy after stomach flu. How to get relief?
- Drank a glass of phenyl. What should be done for cure?
- No sperm found in sperm analysis. Is there any medicine to create the...
- 59 years old. Passing semen with urine. What treatment should be done?
- Which specialist should I consult for pineal cysts?
- I pricked my palm on a rusty nail. Do I need tetanus shot?
- History of frequent heartburn. Having severe pain below rib cage during...
- Is the compositions for nalcon and falcon same?
- Child has fever, rapid heartbeat and started vomiting. What is causing...