question-icon

Taking Microgynon, ovulation kit shows not ovulating. Should I worry?

Posted on Wed, 13 Jun 2012
Question: HI, I stopped taking Microgynon on the 14th of October. Originally I forgot pills for 1 week after withdrawn bleed, on the 10th I took only 5 and decided to stop taking it all together. I had my withdrawn bleed on the 21st of October. I've been using ovulation kits which shows that I'm not ovulating. Should I worry? Thank you
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (2 hours later)
While you are taking microgynon, you are not likely to ovulate. Microgynon is a hormonal contraceptive and it prevents conception by preventing ovulation.
Once you stop taking microgynon, your normal ovulation will return in next 2-3cycles.
There is nothing to worry. You can continue using it regularly as long as you do not need pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN