Taking Lisinopril and Anlodipine for BP. Muscle weakness, numbness and pain. Is there a better solution to control BP?
ALSO, DUE TO PAIN, ANXEITY, WORRY ETC I AM ONLY ABLE TO SLEEP A MAXIMUM OF 6 HOURS A NIGHT IN 1 1/2 TO 2 HRS INCREMENTS AND NOT AT ALL UNLESS I TAKE 15 TO 30mg OF TEMAZEPAM ON AN ALMOST NIGHTLY BASIS AS PRESCRIBED BY MY PCP..
COGNITIVELY I SEEM TO BE FINE AND NO SIGN WHATSOEVER OF ED. I HAVE A VERY GOD APPITITE AND EAT HEALTHY BUT WITH ONLY MINIMAL "FLESH" OTHER THAN FISH. I GET MY PROTEIN MAINLY FROM LOTS OF VEGS, BEANS, HUMIS AND NUTS AS WELL AS WHEY PROTEIN POWDER.
I AM 5 FOOT 11 INCHES TALL AND WEIGH ABOUT 160LBS.
DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO TELL YOU OTHER THAN DUE PRINCIPALLY TO LEG WEAKNESS AND THUS MY NEED TO USE A POWER WHEECHAIR (ALMOST NO USE OF MY LEFT HAND/ARM AS RESIDUAL EFFECT OF STROKE).
I WOULD DEFINE MY QUALITY OF LIFE AS POOR!
QUESTIONS: 1.) IS THERE A BETTER SOLUTION TO CONTROLLING MY BP WHICH RUNS ABOUT 200 OVER 110 WITHOUT MEDS AND 135 OVER 80 WITH, 2.) IF I AM BEST OFF COTINUING WITH CURRENT MEDS SHOULD I CONTINUE TAKING THEM IN THE EVENING AS I AM CURRENTLY DOING OR PERHAPS SPLIT CURRENT DOSAGES BETWEEN MORNING AND EVENING? 3.) IS THE MUSCLE WEAKNESS/WASTING FROM LPITORE AND OTHER STATIN DRUGS ("LIPITOR DISEASE") WHICH I TOOK FOR 40+ YEARS BUT STOPPED AFTER MY STROKE IN 1997, 4.) WHAT SHOULD MY BP BE RUNNING OPTIMALLY (I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO ACCEPT THE DRUG COMPANY TRUMPED UP LOW BALL NUMBERS - ESPECIALLY IN LIGHT OF MY AGE!
OTHERWISE IN GOOD HEALTH FOR A 75 YEAR OLD ALTHOUGH OBVIOUSLY MY MOBILITY IS NEAR ZERO AND ONLY EXERCISE I GET IS VIA CHAIR YOGA.
Thanks for the query.
Stroke sometimes leaves behind residual symptom which might worsen with age. It becomes quite difficult to get rid of all the symptoms. My answers to your question are:
1. As you had a large intracranial bleeding in the past I suggest you to to continue the blood pressure medicines which your doctor has recommended strictly. Monitor your blood pressure and if it goes very high, please discuss with your doctor for appropriate changes. Though alternative form of treatment for hypertension exists, in view of previous stroke, the benefits of medication cannot be denied and overruled.
2. Generalised muscle weakness is one known side effect of liptor and statins. If you are on these drugs, (which is not clear on your query), discuss about it with your treating doctor.
3. Ideal blood pressure at your age should be around 140/90mmHg.
4. Exercise would have been a good option; but as you cannot move yoga is a better option. I would suggest you to better continue with the medicines which your neurosurgeon has prescribed. For relief from anxiety and weakness you may also visit a homoeopath. You need to be treated as per your individual symptoms.
5. You can start taking PLUMBUM 200 TWO TIMES DAILY and also CAUSTICUM 200 TWO TIMES DAILY. You will definitely get relief from pain and weakness.
Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any further concerns.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chest pain high bp ultrasound negative leg numbness suggestions
- Taking lisinopril and hctz for bp tired knee discomfort
- High bp taking buspar lisinopril sufficient
- How quick does it take lisinopril to lower bp?
- Fatigue high bp numbness
- Syncope vertigo negative eye sore teary muscle weakness bp drop
- Muscle weakness numbness after meningitis
- Bp parameters for lisinopril
- Have high bp taking toprolol and lisinopril results
- Numbness of legs due to high bp
- What does back pain lasting a month mean?
- Child having recurring itchy rashes on legs, stomachs and back. Tried...
- Weakness, burning sensation & twitching all over body. Have Cervical and...
- Suffering from cold and sinusitis problem. On homeopathy, no results....
- Nose & ear allergy, blocked nose & ear in cold days. Taken loratadin &...
- Sleeping excessively. Feeling groggy, dizzy. Xanax helps. Had a normal...
- Unable to swallow water or food. Have rare esophageal motility disorder....
- Taking Lisinopril and Anlodipine for BP. Muscle weakness, numbness and...
- Ameobiosis, frequent urination, stomach pain, headachee, loss of...
- Pain in left rib area, swollen eyes yellow, sticky and sleepless. Had...