Taking Gabapentin for back pain. Falling asleep. What to do?
Gabapentin is sedative effects.
Thanks for your query.
Gabapentin is an antiepileptic drug. It effects chemicals in the nerves and help in prevent the pain and seizures.
It acts centrally on the brain and has sedative effect.
This is the reason for sleep in your husband.
If this sedative effect of Gabapentin affects the day to day activity of your husband then it may be stopped and other non sedative drugs can be use with the help of your doctor.
Hope the answer helps you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Back pain post falls
- Back pain after a fall
- What is chronic back pain
- What is sciatica back pain
- Gabapentin for back pain dosage
- Back pain in ict back pain
- Taking gabapentin for back pain falling asleep what to do
- Taking gabapentin for back pain severe pain advice
- Gabapentin used for back pain
- Gabapentin for back pain
- Have black, blue and red blotches on hands and skin. Finger tips are...
- Disabled by COPD. Given prednisone and antibiotics. What has the body...
- Green stools and rib pain. Could this be lung cancer?
- Getting red bumps and itching. Had a spider bite and blisters inside...
- Suffer fatigue, weakness, blurred vision, post nasal drip, mild...
- Taking Gabapentin for back pain. Falling asleep. What to do?
- Pain and slight popping sensation under ribcage. What could be the...
- Having pain in the left side. Prescribed Zantac. Suffer constipation....
- What could be the reason for not feeling to have food?
- Lightheadedness, stomach ache and sweating. What could this be?