Taking Eutroxsig for thyroid problem. ECG showing mild T wave changes. Could the medication cause uncomfortable hot feeling?

Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have started thyroid medication Eutroxsig a week ago due to high Ferretin levels (150). I am experiencing a Hot feeling on the inside and increased activity in my nervous system especially at night time. I do take HRT in the form sandrena gel (1mg) and Primolut tab 1/4 day. Taken for 5 years. Blood pressure is good, no medication. I recently had an ECG (stress test) which showed mild ST or T wave changes to suggest inducible myocardial ischaemia. I am due to see a Cardiologist in mid December for a Angiogram. I am not experiencing chest pain or other symptons related to heart problems. Could this thyroid medication be the cause of this uncomfortable hot feeling?
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thyroid Hormone Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. Sensation of heat, nervousness, increased body temperature, increased heart rate, palpitations, diarrhea .... are side effects of thyroid hormone that you're taking. Ferritin levels that you have (150) are at the limit of normal.When ferritin levels are very high, may decrease thyroid hormone levels in the blood and hence doctors advise to take thyroid hormone. You do not fit to the situation. Your doctor should assess if it is necessary give you to take thyroid hormone (besides you are having adverse effects). If he finds it still necessary he may start at much lower dose of thyroxin. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.