Taking Augmentin. Severe sinus/ear infection. Feeling vomiting. What should I do?
She starts throwing up about 2 hours after taking it, even with a little bit of food, and this lasts about 4 hours. Her doctor is closed until Tuesday. What should I do to get her through until we go back on Tuesday?
This is a very good question.
As you know some medications including antibiotics can upset the stomach and cause nausea and vomiting.
For your daughter I would suggest that you make sure she takes the medication with some food and at least 6 ounces of water. In addition she should remain upright and refrained from vigorous activity for at least one hour after taking the antibiotic.
Lastly you could try giving her a teaspoon of Mylanta or Maalox at the time she takes the medication to help settle her stomach.
Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.
before or right after taking it doesn't seem to be working.Thank you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sinus ear infection dizziness
- Ear infection and feeling tired
- Severe ear infection causes
- Klacid or augmentin ear infection
- Diagnosis of severe ear infection
- Severe ear infection in adults
- What helps an ear infection
- Symptoms of severe ear infection
- What causes an ear infections
- What should be done for ear infection
- What does "biapical pleural thickening through the lung apices" in CT...
- Muscle mass, lack of facial hair, male breasts, testosterone, hormonal...
- Bells palsy, minor trauma, medication, platelet function, bleeding, bruises
- Eye weakness, viral infection, nerve weakness in eye, bells palsy
- No period for 9 months, high prolactin levels, microandenoma,...
- Is pregnancy possible with inconsistent pregnancy test results and heavy...
- Can Plan B cause spotting and blood clots in urine ?
- Salt in Chinese food, tachycardia, pulse rate 150, BP under control
- How can genetically obtained dry skin be treated ?
- Diabetes, high BP, renal failure, serum creatinine high, loss of...