Taking Amlodipine. Is it safe to travel?
Thanks for consulting us.
Hope you are doing well today.
Please note that the medicine itself is not a contraindication for travel but, the reason you were prescribed this medicine may well be an indication to avoid travel.
Amlodipine is commonly prescribed for high blood pressure or angina. I have no idea about you medical history & your state of health.
My humble advise for you is to visit your physician or cardiologist & take a written fitness for yourself to be fit for travel ( your airline may ask you to provide this ) & ask for any special precaution you may need while traveling. Your doctor may also ask about any symptom you have & the distance you wish to travel.
Please also make sure you take with yourself the amount of drug required during your journey & don't forget to take actual prescription with you as some airlines do require that.
You should also make sure about the healthcare facilities available at your destiny & how to contact them in case of emergency?
Wish you good health & a happy journey.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Taking amlodipine together with diltiazem
- Take amlodipine at night
- Taking sudafed with amlodipine
- Taking losartan and amlodipine
- Taking amlodipine and ramipril and alcohol
- Is amlodipine and bisoprolol safe
- Taking preterax amlodipine for high blood pressure is it safe
- Taking amlodipine is it safe to travel
- Is it safe to take amlodipine with cialis
- Is it safe to take amlodipine with losartan
- Does Clarithromycin affect micronor?
- Pressure under stomach above vagina with cramps. Is this implantation...
- Heavy bleeding after ipill, pain during periods. Is this early...
- Bleeding after finishing periods, unprotected sex. What could this sign be?
- Having abdominal and lower back pain, burning sensation in the abdomen....
- Took two Dianette pills by accident so skipped next dose. Had...
- Done C-section. Will taking care of kid affect stitches or internal organs?
- Had failed IVF. Nausea and fatigues. Issue of oestrageon or progesteron...
- Weight gain, irregular periods, sore ribs, chest tightness, fatigue,...
- Bleeding, redness and large bump on stomach due to HCG shots for weight...