question-icon

Taking Amlodipine. Is it safe to travel?

Posted on Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Question: can i go abroad while taking amlodipine10mg.
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi (2 hours later)
Hi Mr XXXXXXX
Thanks for consulting us.
Hope you are doing well today.
Please note that the medicine itself is not a contraindication for travel but, the reason you were prescribed this medicine may well be an indication to avoid travel.
Amlodipine is commonly prescribed for high blood pressure or angina. I have no idea about you medical history & your state of health.
My humble advise for you is to visit your physician or cardiologist & take a written fitness for yourself to be fit for travel ( your airline may ask you to provide this ) & ask for any special precaution you may need while traveling. Your doctor may also ask about any symptom you have & the distance you wish to travel.
Please also make sure you take with yourself the amount of drug required during your journey & don't forget to take actual prescription with you as some airlines do require that.
You should also make sure about the healthcare facilities available at your destiny & how to contact them in case of emergency?
Wish you good health & a happy journey.
Best Regards.
Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi

OBGYN