Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Taking Alprazolam, Adderall, Suboxone. Need prescription from new doctor. What will it cost?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
I have lost my doctor due to she got ill and had to retire.. Im 20 PLUS YEARS of painkillers doe to legite pain. and adderall for add and adhd and alprazalam for acute anciety and ptsd, im looking for 1 doctor 2 take care of the 3 major needs. when on methadone and alprazolone and adderall for over 10 yrs then now 2 yrs of the same but suboxone strips,24mgs day instead of done.. when i have my meds ive never abused them,nor used anything ilicit while getting what i need.. I work and get by much better with my meds then without and have prove thru yrs of clean uas jobs good family life healthy ext ext. it hs been 22 of my 37yrs and without my meds im lost,,at the point where it may be jail or possible death without my meds. im wondering what it will cost for my 90 8mg strips a month,and do i need to go to a doctor in Maine if so I may have found one but he talking 4 instead of 3 strips,3 2mg alprazolam instead of the 1s i need, and medical pot.. SO 1ST can i find and use a out of state doc and 2nd what will the 90/120 strips cost me?? healthy happy life on line here. plz help..
so what is the way to get the best price on soboxe,, do I have to order in my state,what ''coupns are best as of now spring 2013,ARE generics coming anytime soon.Do i need a doctor in my state.. plz help!!!!
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
I know it can be distressing and difficult adapting to a new doctor having spent so much time and developed this degree of confidence in your former doctor.
The drugs you are taking are anti anxiety, and ti depressant and mood modifying drugs. These drugs having different effects when given in different doses and must be adapted to a particular patient, depending on the case.
You need to be followed up by a different doctor now for sure, and you have got to get one in your state. Getting a psychiatrist to follow you up is the best of things or an experienced general practitioner with psychiatric experience. It shall be his place then to reassess your treatment and put you on a particular regimen. These drugs need regular monitoring and alteration in the various doses depending on the clinical evolution, so its best getting the drug doses modified by your physician. It will not be a wise decision getting these prescriptions and modifications any how.
With respect to the cost of the drugs, these drugs shall differ from place to place with respect to cost. But I suggest you get consulted by a psychiatrist first, get a treatment plan established before then getting to know the various cost.
Hope this helps and best regards,
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor