Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Taken drug and injection. What are the ways to get regain consciousness ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions

I am trying to wake my dad up.

He is drugged up and the nurses have given him a injection in which they say he is not going to wake up.

But we weren't told clearly of that information. I do not want him to leave us now as my dad was clearly talking to us yesterday.

And this is unfair.

Can you please tell me the ways to get regain his consciousness ?


Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 9 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Your father seems to be quite sick, I think either he is very agitated and confused and is likely to harm self so they have given pharmacological restraints to pacify him.
Or his disease might be in a stage when it causes severe obtundation, when you took him to hospital he was talking but at times diseases may relentlessly progress despite treatment to affect consciousness.
Another possibility is if they have put him on invasive ventilation then it is mandatory to sedate a patient to decrease the discomfort of endotracheal tube and to improve oxygenation and ventilation.
i want to get a bit more details on how he became sick, what are back ground illness, what is current status and what are your doctors saying.
I possible get a brief summary from the doctor and load it at attachment in a follow up query.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor