Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Taken Zytromax for cough but still feel the same. Please help

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I Have a cough that's just going away, i went to a clinic about 6 days ago and the doctor gave Zytromax but never gave a diagnosis. I finished all the medication he gave me but i still feel the same.I've had this cough for over 3 months. Please Help
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later

A chronic cough may denote a serious underlying pathology:
- If it's productive - making excess sputum it may be tuberculosis,
- If not productive then it may be a viral infection,

Other possibilities are chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or a manifestation of hyper reactive airways or an Onset of bronchial asthma.

Getting your chest examined by a chest physician along with investigations like complete blood count (CBC), erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), results of the aforementioned tests.

Hope this answer your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Wish you a great health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor