Taken Ovex tablet during early pregnancy. Will it harm the baby?
Thanks for the query.
You have taken 100mg of Ovex tablet and you are 2 weeks pregnant.
Ovex is an anti-helminthic medication taken for treatment of worms.
These Anti-helminthics should not be used during the first three months of pregnancy. They could cause defects in the developing fetus.
If you are infected then your family members should all be treated even in the complete absence of symptoms. You should always scrub your hands and nails after each bowel movement and avoid scratching your bottom because it may spread to your fingers and then again when eating passed to your stomach.
You should also have a bath daily and clean the anal area properly. This advice may be tedious but it should help to eliminate the possibility of re-contamination.
It is better to consult a Gynecologist now, since the tablet should not have been taken and there are possibilities of birth defects. It is suggested to get an obstetric ultrasound done to rule out any such possibilities.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Early pregnancy had taken norethisterone will it harm the baby
- Tablets to abort early pregnancy
- Smoked pcp during early pregnancy will the baby be affected
- Azee tablet during early pregnancy
- Folvite tablets reduce bleeding during early pregnancy
- Has anyone taken ovex in early pregnancy
- Endogest tablets during early pregnancy
- Took cytotec during early pregnancy will it affect the baby
- Can dydrogesterone in early pregnancy harm the baby?
- Gidiness during early pregnancy