Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Taken Imiquimod for genital warts. Want to confirm recurrence of outbreak

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
I have been to two doctors that tell me my vagina is perfectly normal and yet I KNOW for a fact that I had intercourse with someone who had it and in the past I did have a break out in which a doctor prescribed me Imiquimod although I could not afford the medication so they were never treated. I think that the warts may be so big the doctor thinks they belong and are just natural so I was wondering if it is allowed on here for me to send a specialist a picture of what I believe to be my genital warts and please confirm whether I am just being way over paranoid. I just need some peace and to know whether or not I have this infection.
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic.

From your attached image, I can assume that the fleshy tissue (red color) is quite normal and part of vaginal mucosa. It is mostly a normal anatomical structure.

It does not looks like genital warts which occurs mostly in cluster. Though, it is wise to confirm the diagnosis by pelvic examination and supportive lab test as you are concerned with your past history.

Here, I suggest you to consult with a gynecologist to proceed the examination & relevant investigations. You may need to undergo histopathological examination (under microscope) of the concerned tissue to confirm the diagnosis. Additionally, HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) test and one Pap test are required to rule out the associated etiology. These help to clear confusion and you will be in safe place.

Proper treatment depends on the diagnosis of the case. Take suggestive measures according to test result. Practice safe sex in future and maintain your genital hygiene properly.

Hope, it helps for your information. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor