Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Take Labetalol and hydrochloride for high BP. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 301 Questions
My doctor is out of town and I typically take Labetalol Hydrochloride 100mg and Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg for my high blood pressure. My doctor has her own office and does not work with other physicians. She is currently on emergency family leave and the office is closed. I have two days of medication left. How do I get a replacement prescription. Without the pills my 170/150.
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. David Okia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
you need to see another doctor meanwhile

Detailed Answer:
Good morning
You need to see another doctor, present your old prescription, he will re examine you and give you another prescription. Also take along the contact information of the pharmacy from where you get the medicine.
You have severe hypertension and drugs to control it are very important.
The pills help in reducing blood pressure and adherence is very important.
If you miss taking the medication your pressure will go up and this will predispose you to many complications like heart attack, stroke and renal failure.

Hope I answered your question, I am happy to help you if there are more questions from you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor