Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

TSH, FT4, FT3 in a thyroid test denote?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 78 Questions
Hi I have tested thyroid of my wife and result are TSH 11.41 uIU/ml , FT4 7.81 p mol/L & FT3 3.12 p mol/L.Pls advice what it indicates to and how I will take care
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 1 hour later

Thank you for posting in your query

A TSH of 11.41 uIU/mL with FT4 7.81 p mol/L & FT3 3.12 p mol/L is suggestive of a Hypothyroid state.

As more information helps a physician arrive at an accurate diagnosis, I would request you to answer the following questions:
•     Are there any of the following symptoms that she/you might have noticed:
o     Weight gain
o     Lethargy
o     Menstrual disturbances
o     Coarse dry skin and hair loss
o     Lack of concentration
o     Low mood and depression, slow mentation
o     Cold intolerance
o     Constipation
o     Muscular weakness

•     Have her cholesterol levels been checked? If yes, can you please upload the reports?

If she has any of the above symptoms, I would suggest that she is evaluated by her thyroid hormone supplementation.

I hope I have answered your query.


Dr Gowri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: TSH, FT4, FT3 in a thyroid test denote? 26 hours later
Hi Ma'am,

Is it indicates to any major diseases.Pls advice or TSH @ 11.41 is how much danger
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 29 minutes later

Thank you for your follow up question

A high TSH as is this case indicates hypothyroidism. If proper medications are taken, there is no danger as such.

I would advise you to consult your physician who would do a thorough physical examination before starting the treatment.

Hope I have answered your query,


Dr Gowri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor