Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Symptoms and treatment for endometriosis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12669 Questions
Hello I'm a 29 year old female and two weeks ago had an ultrasound due to pain on my right pelvic side which showed I have hydrosalpinx in that tube, I had a ruptured ovarian cyst on that side a year ago and had emergency surgery to resolve it, I was 7 weeks pregnant at the time and miscarried after. My doctor thinks i may have endometriosis and im due for another ultrasound next week,I'm taking a combination of pain relief but suffer all the time especially around the time of my monthly cycle, it's in my pelvic area my hips and lower back constantly and I'm constantly fatigued, I've also started to urinate persistently had hot sweats and nausea, the pains just getting worse. Is there something more that I should be worried about that my gp may have overlooked?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Symptoms are due to endometriosis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The symptoms that you have are likely to be related to endometriosis. If the pain is acute and is of a high intensity then a ruptured cyst is a possibility but since on ultrasound no free fluid in the pelvis has been detected there is no need to worry as of now. You can continue with your pain medicine as prescribed and go for a follow up scan as scheduled. A diagnostic laparoscopy will help in a more accurate diagnosis. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor