Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Swollen vein on foreskin, bleeding when pulled back, painful, itchy, cuts on penis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
swollen vein on foreskin with a little blood when pulled back to clean very painful when i do this but can be itchy when foreskin is over penis there are 2 cuts on penis
Posted Tue, 10 Jul 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later

Thanks for your query.

The swollen vein could be due to inflammation present there.The inflammation could be either due to injury, the cuts themselves or due to infection.

The itching sensation is due to stimulation of nerve endings in the foreskin which are very sensitive.This would not be a problem.

I would ask you to ones get examined by a surgeon , as such bleed on pulling happen most of times in association with Phimosis.Phimosis do have a surgical cure in the way of Circumscision.

Do not handle the foreskin frequently , as infection of it could be very painful condition.

If you have any doubts , please feel free to ask.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor