Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Swollen scrotum after a hit from a ball. Any treatment should i take?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9690 Questions
One of my scrotem is swollen after a hit from a cricke ball some years back. Though the size has not increased and remained same I feel it is causing discomfort. It is not pain ful and twice shown to doctor who said it is 'hydrocele' and may not be harmful. Need your opinion and also which hospital in Bengaluru give effective treatment / operation.
Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 33 minutes later
Thanks for your query.

You had an injury to your scrotum few years and had since then the size of the scrotum has increased You have already consulted a your family physician who has diagnosed it to be Hydrocele.

Though it is a benign condition and not to be worried at all. However it may lead to some complication of getting infected or turn into haematocele even due to slight trauma to the scrotum.

So I would advise you to get operated. Since this is a very simple operation, you can get operated in any general hospital close to your residence.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor