Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

128 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Swollen red rashes on hand, forearm and foot. What am I suffering from?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12924 Questions
Dr. I have a red rash with bruising in the middle with slight swelling. Hot to touch! Seem to turn into boils. I have them on my hand, forearm as well as the top of my foot.

Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.

The red rash that you have seems to be related to an allergic reaction or a contact dermatitis. Since the area is hot to touch, the chances of an infection are present.

It is best to take a systemic antibiotic with oral anti allergics to decrease the chances of infection.
You can get the necessary medicines prescribed from your dermatologist after a physical examination.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist