Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Swollen painless left subclavian apical lymph node. Should I be concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12708 Questions
I have a swollen left subclavian apical lymph node, should I be concerned. I can't find any others. I have had it for a few weeks now. It is non painful.
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
A painless swollen lymph node less than 1.5 cm in size is not worrisome as it might be swollen due to a minor viral infection.
You need to do a breast self examination to look for any possible lumps.
In case the node persists for more than 3 months then it is best to get it evaluated by your physician who will advise for a FNAC.
Please consult your doctor as physical examination of the lymph node and lab investigation are must to confirm and rule out persisting infection and other causes.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor