Swollen neck glands, sinusitis, FNAB to rule out malignancy
I really dont know why I feel like im about to get the flu, but dont actually get it.
The docs didnt prescribe anything to me, so Im not sure if there was cause for concern.
All I can say is, for the past 3 days my flu symptoms have been on and off.... which is strange.
I also suffer from OCD and anxiety.
Thanks for writing to us.
Swollen neck glands are most commonly caused by infections in the head and neck region.Lymph nodes swelling are one of the thing which inform us about the breach in immune system. It could have been breached by micro-organisms that is infection, continuous inflammation, hypersensitivity or uncontrolled production of WBC's like in cancer.
Mostly small lymph nodes are caused by viral infections which are mild in nature and wax and wane.Lymph nodes that are less than 1 cm in diameter are usually not a problem, even if they stay for longer than 3 months. These lymph nodes take time to disappear even after the infection is over.
To confirm the cause, a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lymph nodes and swollen glands is the best test. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle (22 or 25 gauge) and a syringe. This will confirm the diagnosis.
Till then just support your body with good hydration, high dose of vitamin C and a good night's sleep.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat swollen neck glands sinus congestion
- Sinus infection and swollen glands
- Swollen glands in neck after sinus surgery
- Sinus blockage with swollen glands
- Block sinus and swollen glands
- Minor salivary gland malignant tumors
- Swollen neck glands sinusitis fnab to rule out malignancy
- Neck hurts with swollen sinuses
- Malignant neoplasm of pineal gland
- Treatment for malignant melanoma on neck and toe