Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Swollen masses on penis. Have Crohn's disease. Overweight. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I have 2 swollen masses on my penis shaft. I am overweight. I have crohn's. I am active and other than the crohn's am healthy. Both masses from time to time swell even more and sometimes they shrink to almost nothing. Everything about my penis works fine except it is uncomfortable and does affect sexual performance. I've had them basically since late in the year of 2010 and have lived with em but I really need this issue resolved! No lesions, no drainage or open wounds. I am 42.
Posted Thu, 21 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
After reading your symptoms there looks to be the possibility of following conditions
1  Pearly penile papules which are flesh colored lumps and are found on the head of penis.
2  Lymphocele is a hard swelling which comes on penis after sex or masturbation.
This swelling soon subsides and doesn't cause any problem
3. PEYRONIE's disease is the most common cause for lumps on penis and can cause pain in the shaft of penis or angulation of penis.
Cancer of the shaft of penis is very rare cause for lump in shaft of penis.
PEYRONIE's  disease occurs at any time from adolescence onwards, but most commonly in men aged 40 to 60 years. It affects around 1 in a 100 (0.4 to 1.0 per cent) of the middle-aged male population, but some experts suggest up to 4 per cent of men aged over the age of 40 may suffer from it.

Since the diagnosis involves physical inspection and other investigations,you must consult a urologist.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck 
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor