Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Swollen lump on the gum. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
Lump on vey upper gum in red part......I bruised my gum from over brushing was going away but seems to be swollen again......I really bruised them......
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 52 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

Any mechanical trauma to soft tissues like gums does cause bleeding from the minute blood vessels and may result in swelling. But like all wounds they do resolve on their own with time.

Ideally you need to consult a dentist if the bruise persists for more than a week to rule out any superadded infection or gingivitis.

Till then you should,

1 Try to maintain oral hygiene but avoid brushing.
2 You can do warm saline gargles thrice daily
3 You can increase your intake of vitamin c XXXXXXX foods like citrus fruits, leafy vegetables or take vitamin c tablets twice daily to fasten healing.
4 You should use mild toothpaste recommended for sensitive gums and very soft tooth brush.
5 You can use an anaesthetic mouth ulcer gel like xytee gel or as per your doctor’s prescription to
ease the discomfort.

Relax, have patience and they will surely heal.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor