Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Swollen head after hurt against wall,sore to touch,bump

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
Hi. I hit my head very hard against a wall about a week ago. My head swelled up in that area to about the size of a golf ball. I iced it right away , the swelling went down and I have had no further problems. That side of my head(right) still is sore to the touch and there is just a small dime-sized bump and a bit of soreness that still remains. Any cause for concern? Will it just go away? I have had no dizziness or anything weird since the injury occurred.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

The soreness and the bump will remain for a few days and should go away on its own. If you dont have any dizziness,nausea,vomitting,headache then there shouldnt be any concern. Ideally you should have seen a doctor immediately after the incident. There is not much active intervention required at this late date. If at all you experience any of the symptoms that I mentioned before then you need a CT Scan. Keep icing it and if required take some ibuprofen.

Hope I answered you query. If you have any further follow ups I will be available for answer.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor