Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Swollen foot that is spreading, chills. What can it be? What is the treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
sir my father suffering from chills in hand which cause him to shake and little bit swollen left foot which start from fingertips and leading towards lower limbs what the disease can be and what will be the treatment for that

sir i red about elephantiasis can it be so am very afraid of it
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. I can appreciate your concern.

There are 2 issues at present.

1. Chills in hand: This could be some vitamin deficiency or some neurological problem like Parkinson disease. Some routine weakness even can lead to this.

2. Swelling in left foot. This could be due to some skin infection or some circulation problems in veins of foot.

Just by having some swelling in toe, one can not label it as elephantiasis.

I would advise that you please do not ignore this condition of leg. Please visit your family doctor/physician at the earliest and get him examined.

In case of infection in that area, he will need proper treatment and some investigation like blood counts, blood sugar, ultrasound etc.

Your doctor will also look for shivering in hands and can help you with that also.

Please visit the doctor early.

I hope this helps

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing him speedy recovery


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor