Owl Image

Swollen eye and Itchy spots appeared all over body. What could be causing this and treatment?

Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
Hi I'm 22 and yesterday 2 lines of itchy bites appeared one on my arm, between albow and wrist and one on the front of my thigh just above my knee. It's a long straight line that looks like 15 mosquito bites all next to each other they are only on the right side of my body. I had also woken up with a swollen eye lid which is now normal. Since yesterday it has spread and I have even more around the same places. I think they may have spread from itching them. Don't think I have any allergies to anything.
Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query and the images that you have uploaded.

The lesions appear to be insect bites but it is very surprising to see so many bites on one side of the body. I suggest that you take tab. cetrizine 1 tab. three times a day to reduce itching and observe for the next 24 hours. They should start subsiding. In case they increase then you need to consult your doctor.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

RKK