Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Swollen and painful testicle. What is wrong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
My right testicle feels swollen & really have a sharp pain. But what is wrong?
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 19 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

This might be an emergency situation as you might suffer from testicular torsion. It happens when testicle spermatic cord twists and it result to cut off testicle blood supply. You should visit urologist right away especially when your pain has appeared suddenly. Physical examination and Doppler ultrasound should be performed.
Some other reason of your symptoms might be: epididymitis or testicle inflammation. Any testicle tumors should be ruled out as well.
So in conclusion, you should visit a General Surgeon for sure as soon as possible, have physical examination, testicle ultrasound, full blood work and urine tests.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor