Swokken lymph nodes at tops of thighs,, tender mass.
infection in drainage area of the thigh region.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have read your query and here is my advise.
* The swollen lymph nodes with pain suggest possible infection in the drainage area of
the lymph node territory which may be scrotum, genitals, thigh or leg in your case.
Kindly provide me further details so that I can answer your query completely.
1. Lymph node swelling - duration, progress, size, consistency as soft or hard ?
2. Associated fever if any ?
3. Any history of injury over leg in recent past ?
Primary pain relief can be best obtained with tablet of paracetamol or ibuprofen after meals if there is no history of drug sensitivity to these molecules.
Awaiting for your response.
ice pack application.antibiotic required to heal faster.
Thanks for the details.
* More likely in relation with bacterial infection induced.
* My suggestions at present
- Keep the area clean with antiseptic liquid.
- Ice pack application 2-3 times a day for 5 minutes each time.
- Get a prescription of antibiotic ( we prefer cephalosporin group for better coverage of
various possible organisms ) and anti inflammatory drug from your GP for faster
resolution of the same.
Wish you best recovery.
Would like to discuss further as per your need.