question-icon

Switched from depo back to birth control pills. Getting watery white discharge and period stooped. Is this normal?

Posted on Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Question: I just switched from Depo back to birth control pills and my period stopped and now a watery white discharge has appeared for the past week. Is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (33 minutes later)
Birth control pills are usually associated with a regular cycle and a period with a lesser amount of bleeding. Since you have switched your birth control recently, it might take a few weeks for your body to adjust.
The white discharge that you have is not worrisome unless it is associated with itching or a foul smell which indicates an infection.
This discharge is likely to reduce over next week without any treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN