Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Swelling of eye after injury, CT scan okay, lump on cheek bone. How to get rid of lump?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10356 Questions
One week ago I fell and hit my eye and right eye swelled shut andI had a ct scan of my face and
head. all there remains a rather hard lump on my right cheek bone...will warm compresses and
gentle massage of the area help to get rid of the bruising has subsided down my face
and my eye is back to
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
From your history it seems that after the fall, you developed a hematoma in the area. The collection of blood has now given rise to a hard lump.
Since the bruising has subsided and your face and eye are back to normal, there is nothing to feel worried about. The swelling that you have will subside after doing a hot fomentation regularly in next 2-3 weeks. Please do not worry. You need not do any massage in the area. That might lead to an infection in the area.
To hasten your recovery, you can take trypsin and chymotrypsin supplements after consulting your physician. This will help in dissolving the extra fibrous tissue that has formed giving rise to the hardness.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor