Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Swelling in the nose causing oozing, fever, body and headache. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 816 Questions
Hi , There is a pimple or sweeling which comes in my nose . It swells to a big one and pus comes out of it . Its very painful and the surrounding area also swells because of it damaging my looks because of which I wont be able to setp out of house. When it comes I also have fever , body ache and head ache. I consulted my doctor and he said its nothing to do with it and may be because of heat. Please suggest as which Dr should I consider(ent/general physician). What has to be done for this case. Now a days this has been often.
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
You are having recurrent nasal infection.
Avoid excessive fried, oily & fast food, avoid high starchy foods like breads, noodles etc., take high protein diet.
Apply topical antibiotic like Tbact or soframycin at local site twice a day regularly for a week.
Check for diabetes with fasting blood sugar test
Consult a local ENT specialist for further evaluation.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Swelling in the nose causing oozing, fever, body and headache. What should be done? 43 minutes later
What can be done to reduce the sweeling due to which entite lip area swells up and its painful too
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 16 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic.
The swelling which is reaching the lip area indicates severity of infection and should be urgently treated with systemic antibiotics otherwise it may lead to complications.
Please urgently review to a local ENT doctor/physician who would prescribe antibiotics and the medicine to reduce the swelling eg. Serratiopeptidase.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor