Swelling in lower abdomin, total hysterectomy, above scar. This is?
You mention that you have a baseball sized swelling in your lower right abdomen. Its just above the scar which is due to Total Hysterectomy done in November.
The most likely cause of your symptom is an Incisional Hernia. This arises due to partial defect between the muscle fibers or the scar tissue.
Other Causes are Skin and Subcutaneous Swellings such as Dermatofibroma, Lipoma. However, these will be present in all positions and will not be apparent only on standing.
You will need to consult your primary doctor.
A clinical examination will confirm the diagnosis.
You might be asked to undergo Ultrasound Examination of the swelling to be definitive.
Hope this answers your query
Thanks and Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swelling in lower abdomin total hysterectomy above scar this is
- Lesions post hysterectomy scar tissue
- Old hysterectomy scar raw
- Treatment and cure for hysterectomy scar
- Symptoms of hysterectomy scar
- Hysterectomy scar tissue symptoms
- Abdominal hysterectomy scar
- Hysterectomy scar causes
- Drugs/medication for hysterectomy scar
- Diagnosis of hysterectomy scar
- Should i take immediate action for arrythmia of 10beats/min?
- Vulvar vitiligo, pruritis, UTI, flaky nails, hair thinning. AIDS symptoms ?
- Can my seven year old son take tdap vaccination after taking toxoid...
- Delayed periods, headaches, stomach cramps, swollen breasts, leg cramps....
- How is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome treated ?
- How is cervical cancer treated ?
- Swelling in lower abdomin, total hysterectomy, above scar. This is?
- What is the dosage of meprate and provera ?
- Vasectomy, testicles pain, vas deferens was hardened, pain in lower abdomen
- Is excessive sweating caused due to diabetes?