Swelling and pain on testicle. Taking antibiotic. Does masturbation cause delay in healing?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Testicle Problems
Question: I have been dealing with an infection that has caused swelling and pain in one testicle. I am being treated by a doctor, am on antibiotics, and have also received antibiotic shots. I have not masturbated for several days in fear that it will delay my healing. Is that true?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have swelling and pain in testicle suggestive of active infection. Though you are taking antibiotics there are high chances of infection to flare up and spreading to Prostate and, seminal vesicle.

Please avoid maturation until it is cured. In addition, continue taking drugs as per advice of your Doctor.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Dr.Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E