Swelling and itchy rashes appeared all over body. What should I do to get relief?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Skin Rash
Question: hi i have several rashes which look like allegy swellings on various parts of the body. there's intense itching when these rashes swell. they generally swell up when i eat a sugary beverage. i am confused and dont know what to do
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
I have seen the pictures attached with the query.
It seems that you are having allergic angioedema. Angioedema are of two types, hereditary angioedema which is genetic and acquired angioedema. It is difficult to cure this condition because of the modifications in the genes of our body. But, it can be controlled if the preventive measures are followed; such as avoiding those things which can trigger an attack of allergy and angioedema. Some doctor suggest skin patch test (allergen test) to find the triggering allergens which can be avoided.
Right now you need oral anti allergics like fexofenadine and steroids to control the rashes that you are having now. Since all these are prescription only medicines, you need to consult a dermatologist for proper guidance.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.