Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Swelling and itchy rashes appeared all over body. What should I do to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12739 Questions
hi i have several rashes which look like allegy swellings on various parts of the body. there's intense itching when these rashes swell. they generally swell up when i eat a sugary beverage. i am confused and dont know what to do
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
I have seen the pictures attached with the query.
It seems that you are having allergic angioedema. Angioedema are of two types, hereditary angioedema which is genetic and acquired angioedema. It is difficult to cure this condition because of the modifications in the genes of our body. But, it can be controlled if the preventive measures are followed; such as avoiding those things which can trigger an attack of allergy and angioedema. Some doctor suggest skin patch test (allergen test) to find the triggering allergens which can be avoided.
Right now you need oral anti allergics like fexofenadine and steroids to control the rashes that you are having now. Since all these are prescription only medicines, you need to consult a dermatologist for proper guidance.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor