Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Sweating over forehead after food. What could be the reason?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5555 Questions
I sweat on my temple area (top of the head) when I eat my lunch and dinner. The sweat is more profuse if the food is more spicy. What could be the reason
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are fairly mormal and do not suggest any brain disease.

Sweating over forehead after food is a normal phenomena and is related to the stimulation of autonomic nervous system.

It happens more in some people and less in some people, as is seen with normal sweating too.

Spicy food stimulates the autonomic nervous system more.

So, enjoy the food and do not worry.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog:
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Sweating over forehead after food. What could be the reason? 7 minutes later

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The sweating is not on the forehead but on the top of the head (temple area) where i have lost my hair (bald patch). I need to sit with tissue paper everything i have my food even with relatively cold atmosphere. This has started around 8 months back. Hope this is normal.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 minutes later

Thank you for getting back.

The sweating is definitely normal.

However, regarding baldness, is it a localised area over the temple, or are you getting a general male pattern of baldness (which is located in front of the head and extends backwards).

If it is localised, you may have to consult a dermatologist for evaluation.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor