Sweating, anxiety, sleepiness, weight gain. Taking Bacopa. Is this a sign of thyroid problem?
Thanks for your query.
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.
Your symptoms (extreme sweating,anxiety, sleepiness and anxiety) can occur most commonly in two conditions:
-Or combination of both
Hypothyroidism itself can lead to anxiety disorder. It occur due to decrease in thyroid hormone (T3 and T4) and increase pituitary hormone (TSH).
Other symptoms of anxiety which may or may not be present in your case: nervousness, restlessness, mild irritability, excessive worry regarding own health, tremor, muscle spasm, heaviness in body, easy fatigability, headache, sleep disturbance, palpitation and dry mouth. Anxiety occur due to neurotransmitters imbalance in brain most commonly involving serotonin neurotransmitter.
In treatment following measures will help you:
-Have T3, T4 and TSH assay done
-Consult endocrinologist if test are abnormal for prescription of medicines
-If Hormone level normal then consult psychiatrist for prescription of anti anxiety medicines.
Apart from above advice following simple measures will help you in anxiety:
-Decrease worrying about symptoms as they will cure after treatment.
-Healthy diet: Milk and fruits in diet.
-Daily morning walk and breathing exercise.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Armour thyroid and anxiety
- Can thyroid problems lead to anxiety
- Breathing problems anxiety have over-active thyroid taking cipramil advice appreciated
- Rapid heartbeat without anxiety just finished menstrual cycle thyroid problem
- Have high anxiety problems sweating on devastat is that sufficient
- On medication for anxiety underweight how to gain weight
- Overactive thyroid anxiety seborrheic dermatitis
- Stomach pain anxiety dizziness sleepiness
- Mental stress anxiety gained weight blood pressure problem itchy face
- Underactive thyroid anxiety
- Epileptic, neurosurgery to remove AVM, fluttering in the chest, anxiety,...
- Depression,sleep apnea,low testosterone,lethargy,irritable
- How is anxiety disorder treated ?
- What is the treatment for balanced thyroid hormones ?
- Depression, on zoloft, hallucinations
- Low sex life, rapid heart beat, breathlessness, back pain, knee pain,...
- Smoker, pins and needles over back and arms, high BP, low B12 reading,...
- Citalopram 20 mg, weight gain. Meratol a safe option ?
- Small penis. How can I develop it?
- Am I mentally ill if I experience depersonalization?