Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Suspect to have a hernia, have painful lump near pelvis bone. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 2202 Questions
I think i have a hernia, it is about 2 inches from my right pelvis bone, is a lump, and very painful??
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Clinical examination is a must

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting in XXXXXXX

The lump may be due to hernia. Hernia generally present with a lump that can be reduced manually but at a later stage it gets blocked in the the hernial sac and become an irreducible swelling. Besides this various other cause of painful lump includes infective condition and enlarged inguinal lymph node.

It would be extremely hard to differentiate between the two possibilities without a clinical examination; at least not with the limited information that you provided. Therefore I urge you to visit a surgeon. You might need an ultrasound examination after clinical examination.

Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, i will clarify further.

Wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor