Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suspect that I have a slight case of shingles. Should I consult a dermatologist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
I suspect that I may have a slight case of shingles. Should I see a der
matologist or is there something that I can purchase over the counter. I am 70 years.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please XXXXXXX a dermatologist

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query,
Shingles is a viral disease and the treatment is by anti viral drugs.
These drugs are not available over the counter.
Also these drugs must be started as early as possible to control the severity of disease.
I advice you to XXXXXXX a dermatologist as early as possible.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor