Surgical option for severely distended bladder with kidney problem?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Question: i have a severe distended bladder with possible obstruction and possible associated kidney problems in left kidney. what surgical options are available to rectify this condition?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for your query and detailing your previous illness.
The Chronic retention of the Urine that you have may be due to what is called a Post Menopausal Urethral Stenosis.Before considering any surgical options please get your Ultrasound scanning done to rule out any pathology in your left kidney.
You would need to see a physician for a proper evaluation You need Cystoscopic examination with Urethral Calibration to dilate the Urethral Passage.
Please feel free to ask if you have any queries I shall be pleased to address the same.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli