Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Surgery,swollen under head of penis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
my husband has a condition with his penis (not sure the name of it) that he has an extra hole on the side of his penis as a result of the tube not being long enough. The hole that was created during surgery when he was younger becomes infected regularly or he has to have it stretched. It seems to once again be infected as it is now swelling underneath the head of his penis. Until he can get in to see his specialist again is there anything that he can be wrapping it in that would possibly bring down the swelling.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 20 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I am sure this must cause a significant amount of discomfort for him and mist be troubling for you as well.

I have a couple of suggestions for you. First of all I suggest he tale some warm soaks in a bathtub for 20 minutes twice daily. This will be soothing and will help the swelling. Next I suggest you apply some topical antibiotic cream which is available at any pharmacy to the inflamed area three times daily. It may be necessary for him to take a daily antibiotic prophylactically in the future to minimize recurrent infections.

These are my initial thoughts which I hope are helpful to you. If you have XXXXXXX additional concerns I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor